Remington recently released a rifle that is sure to get the attention of many shooters, especially those that like to shoot long.Equipped with a Lothar Walther free-floating barrel, the bolt-action R2Mi fromRemingtonis pitched to those who aren’t deterred by distance.
From its match-grade chamber out, the R2Mi rifle is built to shatter all previous expectations for long-range accuracy. A free-
floated barrel, with 1:15” twist and 8-groove rifling is perfectly suited for harnessing sub-MOA accuracy from the 50 BMG. And its left-hand operated, right-hand eject bolt-action and 10-round box magazine, ensure comfortable cycling with no need for the shooter to adjust position. The R2Mi rifle is also one of the simplest 50-caliber rifles to assemble and maintain. Its upper receiver locks to the lower receiver with two integral pins, and its full-length Picatinny rail accommodates a wide range of optics.
Remington R2Mi Features
- Bolt action: left bolt / right port, for faster cycling of action
- Lothar Walther barrel free-floated within vented hand guard
- Lower receiver machined from T6-6061 aluminum billet
- MIL-STD 1913 rail on receiver and vented hand guard
- Hard anodized type 3 green finish on aluminum parts (Mil-Spec)
- Manganese phosphate finish on steel parts
- Equipped with AAC muzzle brake to accept Cyclops silencer
- Steel bipod with folding legs
- Disassembles like an AR-type rifle for cleaning and maintenance
- Ships in custom Pelican Storm Case with two 10-round magazines, bipod, hearing and eye protection and cable lock