LAFOs can never win a trick with Gun Control Australia (GCA).
Once again they are spreading fear about our sport and the grant support various Australian governments provide to gun clubs. $77 million may sound like a lot, but the fine print says this is ammortised over five years. That is under $16 million per annum spread across the whole country and over 1 million shooters. See the reports emnthusiastically spouted by 7 News and SBS.
It seems to any fair-minded person in possession of a few pertinent facts like:
- Shooting is a sport that is taken up by men and women without discrimination,
- Legal shooters have a sport they can pursue from 12 to 90 years old,
- Disabled shooters compete locally and at international level for Australia,
- It is the most tightly regulated sport in existence and therefore ..
- The safest sport in existence,
- All participants are among the most law-abiding community within the Australian population
that GCA are on a hiding to nowhere with this one. Must have been a slow news week for the mainstream media to go to town on this “story”.