Success in the Shooters and Fishers Party’s bid for senateseats depends largely on preferences from the other parties but understanding who’spreferencing who from the Australian Electoral Commission spreadsheets isdifficult.
We’re hoping they return to the ballot paper PDFs that theyused before to make it clearer, but to help you get an idea of how the othermajor parties have preferenced the SFP, NSW candidate Peter Johnson has puttogether a list to make it a bit clearer.
The parties that have the SFP higher in their preferences willhelp the party’s goal of senate seats, which is desirable for hunters andshooters who want representation in the face of strong anti-gun politics.
New South Wales
- Katter put one Nation, Animal Justice Party, Stop the Greensand Liberal Democrats ahead of SFP
- Palmer put The Greens, Animal Justice Party, SocialistAlliance, Liberal / Nationals and the Liberal Democrats ahead of SFP
- Stop the Greens (micro party from the Liberal Democratscamp) put Liberal Democrats, Smokers Rights (another Lib Demo Micro Party), HEMPand Animal Justice Party ahead of SFP
- Liberal/Nationals, Christian Democrats and Labor put us uphigh in their preferences.
- Katter put One Nation, Palmer, Liberal Democrats, DemocraticLabor Party and Animal Justice Party ahead of SFP
- Palmer put Greens, One Nation, HEMP, Animal Justice Partyand Liberal/Nationals ahead of SFP
- Stop the Greens put Smokers Rights, Liberal Democrats, HEMP,Palmer, One Nation and the Sex Party ahead of SFP
- Labor put Katter, The Greens, Secular Party, HEMP, andAnimal Justice Party ahead of SFP
- One Nation put Liberal Democrats, HEMP, Animal JusticeParty, Pirate Party ( Greens Micro Party), Palmer and Katter ahead of SFP.
- Liberal/ National Party and Christian Democrats did okay bySFP.
- Katter put Palmer, Democratic Labor Party and Palmer aheadof SFP
- Palmer preferenced The Greens highly, then just abouteverybody ahead of SFP.
- Country Alliance, Liberal/Nationals, Christian Democratspreferenced SFP highly.
SA, Tas, WA and NT are fairly similar preferences, although wedid get good allotment from Palmer in SA.