NSW hunters arecoming together to protest the O’Farrell Government’s decision to abolish theGame Council and stop hunting in state forests.
Hundreds ofhunters are expected to attend the protest rally that will be held in Sydneywith a march from Hyde Park to the NSW Parliament on August 14.
The key messagethe rally wants to get across is that halting public land hunting isshort-sighted politicking and ignores the obvious benefits such as cost-freeferal pest control.
Check out theFacebook page that’s been set up with guidelines for the rally which include:
• All posters andsigns will need to be proactive with no slander against any politicians,associations or non-supporters;
• No bad or foullanguage or bad behaviour;
• Try to catchpublic transport as parking is limited in the city and can be quite costlyaround Hyde park;
• If anyone isapproached by police on the day, be courteous and thank them for showing up;
• This will be afamily event if you can bring the family along please do so we want the publicto see this is family orientated;
• Advised to wearwork uniform with a blaze orange hat;
• People who supportthe rally but can’t make it, wear blaze orange on the day and inform interestedpeople of the situation.