The RSPCA is currently pushing the ban bow hunting agenda again. Once again over steping the mark on what is a legal practice in Australia. They are selling the campaign with the above picture and aim to have bow hunting banned across the country.
The South Australian Government is now conducting an inquiry into bow hunting. Evidence based submissions should be submitted before the closing date of 9/4/2021
For the hunting community as a whole this is another attempt at killing our way of life and removing a legal and ethical form of hunting practice. Please circulate to all hunters and in particular bow hunters to ensure submissions are made to continue bow hunting as an ethical and legalactivity.
Parliament of South Australia
Social Development Committee
Bow and Crossbow Hunting in South Australia
Resolved on the Committee’s own motion that ~
The Committee inquire into, and report on issues related to bow and crossbow hunting in South Australia with particular reference to:
1. How bows and crossbows are managed in the community;
2. Current arrangements for bow and crossbow hunting in South Australia;
3. The responsibility and involvement of SAPOL;
4. How bow hunting is managed with regard to the Animal Welfare Act 1985 and its associated regulations; the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1972; the National Parks and Wildlife (Hunting) Regulations 2011; and the SA Firearms Act 2015;
5. A comparison with other states and how they manage this issue;
6. Consideration of the adequacy of current licencing and/or compliance
7. Any other matter relevant to the inquiry
Any person or organisation wanting to make a written submission is invited to do so by Friday 9 April 2021. Submissions are made publicly available on the internet unless determined otherwise by the Committee. Requests that names and/or content of a submission remain confidential should be clearly stated on the submission and will be considered by the Committee.
Submissions that address issues outside the terms of reference may not be accepted. With regard to the hearing of evidence, the Committee reserves the right to determine which witnesses will be invited to provide an oral submission.
Please address written submissions and enquiries to:
The Secretary, Social Development Committee,
GPO Box 572, Adelaide 5001 or,
e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org ph: 08 82379416
Additional information on the Committee is available at the Parliament SA website.
Please Click Here to access the Committees home page then select Social Development Committee.
Additional information on the Committee is available at the Parliament SA website. Please Click Here to access the Committees home page then select Social Development Committee.