No matter how big or small your hunting club, now is the time to put in your grant proposals to grow recreational hunting in Victoria.
The Sustainable Hunting Action Plan 2021-2024 (SHAP) is a $5.3 million investment by the Victorian Government that will deliver new programs to support safe, responsible and sustainable hunting across the state.
Grants will support the long-term sustainability of hunting actions that will maximise benefits for the environment, the economy, the community, and hunters.
The program will enable a collaboration and partnership approach to be taken between government, Traditional Owners, hunters and the community to deliver innovative new projects that will grow recreational hunting in Victoria.
This program aims to increase the role of all participants in the hunting industry in the promotion of responsible, safe, and sustainable game hunting practices.
The intended outcomes of this program include:
- Recreational hunters are actively involved in promoting the environmental, economic and social benefits of game hunting.
- Recreational hunters and the wider community have increased understanding of safe and responsible game hunting practices.
- The habitats for game species are maintained and improved.
- The scientific evidence base for game species knowledge and understanding is increased.
Eligible applicants may seek funding of up to $80,000 per project, with a minimum funding amount of $10,000 per project.
Eligible applicants will be required to demonstrate the project’s ability to address each of the SHAP Grants Program core criteria as outlined in the SHAP Grant Program Guidelines.
Applications open 23 May 2022 and close 5pm, 24 June 2022
- Familiarise yourself with the SHAP Grant Program Guidelines.
- Check you can demonstrate the project’s ability to address each of the core criteria.
- Complete the supplied funding application and submit with associated documentation.